Associate – Midwest Regional Team
The National Equity Project seeks an Associate to deliver our signature equity-focused leadership development and design service approach with external clients. This is a full-time, remote position based in/near Chicago, IL and reports to the Midwest Regional Director.
We are seeking an experienced facilitator to offer coaching and leadership development for educators and other leaders through our Coaching for Equity approach, which we define as the practice of listening, teaching, provoking, guiding, and supporting people to achieve mutually agreed upon objectives that interrupt historical patterns of inequity. The ideal candidate has deep familiarity instructing others on issues of inequity, is an exceptionally strong communicator and active listener, maintains a strong coaching sensibility, and is fully aligned with the mission and core values of the National Equity Project.
Coaching, Facilitation, & Development Services
- Execute the National Equity Project (NEP) coaching cycle and interventions to consistently achieve objectives laid out in client contracts
- Serve on client-facing project teams with other NEP colleagues to provide coaching, process facilitation, and technical assistance to external clients
- Provide facilitative leadership and process design to support leadership development for external clients
- Regularly complete administrative tasks, including project time tracking and expense reporting for purposes of billing and operational integrity
- Participate in post-facilitation reviews for all projects to ensure client satisfaction, accomplishment of contract objectives, and to learn about impact
Organizational Learning & Program Development
Participate in and contribute to internal organizational learning, professional development, and evaluation including, but not limited to:
- Leading, presenting, and sharing work products and innovative practices
Participating in and contributing to organizational retreats and collective meetings
- Sharing and developing conceptual models, emerging frameworks, prototyped processes
- Examine and share the role race and equity has played in your own experience and leadership
- Advance the intellectual capital of the organization; present, promote, and advance human-centered design approaches, methodology, values, and vision
- Graduate Degree in Education, Sociology, Organizational Development or other related field
- Experience using a coaching methodology
- Experience facilitating groups to address of bias and equity, and its impacts on individuals and organizations
- An understanding of how institutionalized and structural oppression and historical inequities manifest within the public school system
- Teaching and/or school administration experience preferred
- Experience working with schools and/or nonprofit organizations
- Willing and able to travel 1-2 trips per month, mostly in the Midwest region (IL, WI, MI) and across the U.S.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, trusting, and authentic relationships with clients and colleagues
- Excellent communication and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients of different social and cultural backgrounds
- Commitment to working for social justice and educational equity
Ability to think critically, be intellectually curious, and be deeply committed to learning and growing
- Owns and submits assigned work in a timely, complete, and high quality-manner.
- Ready, willing, and able to deliver excellence independently or collaboratively
- Manages multiple tasks effectively
The National Equity Project is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusion, diversity and equity. All employment opportunities are decided upon on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with expertise and previous experience. Our benefits package is comprehensive.
In lieu of a traditional cover letter, interested candidates should submit a letter of intent that includes answers to the following prompts:
- What is your understanding about why inequities exist?
- What do you see at the most promising approach to creating greater equity in our organizations, systems, and communities?
- What experience do you have working towards or leading system or organizational change?
To apply, please submit your resume/CV and a letter of intent via our online application.
If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you via email. No calls, please.