Program Assistant – Posted 11.3.17
We are seeking a full-time Program Assistant to provide exceptional administrative support to our local and regional leadership teams. This position is based in Oakland, CA.
At the National Equity Project, we believe that every child has the right to a quality education, and we support people to become the leaders who make good on that promise. Our mission is to dramatically improve educational experiences, outcomes, and life options for students and families who have been historically underserved by their schools and districts. We work to build culture, conditions, and competencies for excellence and equity in districts, schools, classrooms, nonprofits, and communities. We work with partners across the U.S. who are committed to achieving equity in education.
Summary of Position
We are seeking a highly organized and self-motivated administrative professional to join our dynamic and high-performing team as support for our Executive, Managing, and Regional Directors with daily office tasks. The ideal candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced and innovation-driven environment, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and show proven abilities to manage multiple projects while maintaining and eye for detail. Our next Program Assistant should be aligned with our mission of increasing equity in schools, and understand the value of working in diverse and inclusive environments.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Provide daily administrative support, such as materials preparation, travel arrangements, supply orders, and other requests as needed, to Executive Director, two Managing Directors, two Regional Directors, and other leadership staff
- Organize electronic materials and ensure accurate documentation for project team presentations and work flow
- Schedule team meetings for local and regional staff
- Edit and format PowerPoint presentations and other client-facing documents using templates and other electronic tools
- In collaboration with the finance team, gather essential information for invoicing of external consultants
- Other duties as requested
Event Logistics Support
- Provide administrative support towards the execution of location and national events including:
- Research and secure event facilities; work with venues to finalize contracts, facilitate invoicing and payments, and interact with various vendors including caterers and facilities managers
- Prepare and order event materials and supplies
- Manage registration and generate timely registration reports for each event o Respond to questions from participants in a timely and professional manner
- Other logistical tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills, with proven ability in scheduling, calendaring and coordinating logistics for meetings, special events and mailings
- Commitment to accuracy, excellent attention to detail, highly efficient and conscientious about thorough follow-up
- High degree of initiative, self-motivated, resourceful
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including customer service and client-facing communications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Team player who enjoys interaction with professionals, peers, and those served by the organization
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects/duties when faced with interruptions, fluctuating workload, and conflicting deadlines, and complete them in timely manner
- Proficient with Internet research, Microsoft Office Suite Software, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, Concur, Mavenlink, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator a plus
- Ability to work occasional early mornings/ evenings/ weekends
- A strong commitment to the mission, goals and work of the National Equity Project
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.
Join our mailing list for updates on future job opportunities.