Events Manager (posted 4/11/2018)
At the National Equity Project, we believe that every child has the right to a quality education, and we support people to become the leaders who make good on that promise. Our mission is to dramatically improve educational experiences, outcomes, and life options for students and families who have been historically underserved by their schools and districts. We work to build culture, conditions, and competencies for excellence and equity in districts, schools, classrooms, nonprofits, and communities. We work with partners across the U.S. who are committed to achieving equity in education.
We are seeking a full-time Events Manager to manage the logistical execution of events across the organization. This position is based in Oakland, CA.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a highly organized, self-aware and self-motivated events manager to join our dynamic and high-performing team to execute logistics and communications for all events held within our Center for Equity Leadership. The ideal candidate should be systems-minded and detail oriented, have excellent communication skills and a proven ability to offer superior customer service, and have a high degree of self-initiative and self-motivation. Our next Events Manager should be aligned with our mission and core values of working toward equity and supporting the creation of diverse, inclusive and just communities.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Work closely with the Co-Directors of the Center for Equity Leadership to support all logistics for approximately 20 professional development events per year.
- Research and secure event locations, catering, and lodging; work with venues to finalize contracts, payment, catering, and other logistical information while adhering to budget guidelines.
- Manage and execute physical set up of rooms, including moving tables and chairs, and hanging decor (must be able to lift 25 pounds).
- Print, collate and/or order materials, supplies and equipment. Monitor needs and anticipate orders well in advance.
- Manage all event communications, including creating FAQ pages for events and answering calls and emails from participants in a timely and professional manner, and sending pre- and post- surveys
- Capture, organize, analyze, and present data to team regarding success of events.
- Refine systems and processes for continuous improvement of event execution.
- Occasionally coordinate with external speakers and partners.
- Support scholarship application process for Center events.
- Oversee logistics related to non-local events and work with Consulting Business Unit team members and support staff to manage the following:
- Identify and secure event locations
- Manage logistics and payment
- Resource ordering
- Registration and client communication
- Develop communication templates for support staff to utilize.
- Use internal events calendar to book and communicate upcoming events to internal staff.
Registration, Website & Payment Management
- Create event registration pages and update NEP Website.
- Upon event completion, provide registration and payment information to Finance Department.
- Manage registration process for paid-by-contract participants; ensure clear processes and communication with Sales staff to streamline contracting process.
- When needed, generate invoices for events and communicate to Finance. Develop system if needed.
- Oversee participant contact information integration into Contact Database (Salesforce).
- Support event promotion activities, including Facebook Event Pages, promotional mailings, other activities as needed.
- Generate quarterly reports around events regarding participants, revenue and expenses.
- Review participants list and generate post-event lead reports for Sales staff.
Internal Events & Operations
- Provide logistical support for internal events, i.e. Staff Collective meetings including catering, event locations and lodging, internal room booking and scheduling.
- Manage internal calendar of events in Outlook.
- In consultation and collaboration with other operational staff, contribute to office management and operations including monitoring door, welcoming guests, ordering supplies as needed, and other tasks as identified and shared among the team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in an administrative or event management role
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Commitment to accuracy, excellent attention to detail, highly efficient and conscientious about thorough follow-up
- High degree of initiative, self-motivated, resourceful
- Team player who enjoys interaction with professionals, peers, and those served by the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, with proven ability in scheduling, calendaring and coordinating logistics for meetings, special events and mailings
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects/duties when faced with interruptions, fluctuating workload, and conflicting deadlines, and complete them in timely manner
- Proficient with Internet research, Microsoft Office Suite Software, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, Vertical Response, WordPress.com, Eventbrite and/or Google AdWords a plus
- Experience producing webinars a plus
- Strong aesthetic and design sense; knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and work occasional early mornings/evenings/weekends
- A strong commitment to the mission, goals and work of NEP
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with expertise and previous experience. Our benefits package is comprehensive.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com and include your name and Events Manager in the subject line.