- June 25-27, 2018 | Oakland, CA | $1,200 for 3-day Institute | SOLD OUT!
- August 6-8, 2018 | Oakland, CA | $1,200 for 3-day Institute
- November 5-6, 2018 | Oakland, CA | $800 for 2-day Institute
- June 17-19, 2019 | Oakland, CA | $1,200 for 3-day Institute
Everyone can use coaching skills to become a better leader – coaching means supporting people in your organization to become more effective. Learn how to develop and strengthen the people you work with to become more effective teachers, teammates, and leaders.
The Coaching for Equity Institute is a non-residential institute for new or experienced professional coaches, school principals, district administrators, nonprofit leaders, consultants, and managers. Participants examine their coaching styles with a focus on educational equity while practicing coaching skills with each other.
Hundreds of educators, administrators, and professional coaches have attended our Coaching for Equity institutes since 2007. Participants access the essential knowledge and skills in adult learning that National Equity Project coaches have developed over the past 20 years to foster new practices with a wide range of leaders.
Participants learn a range of coaching skills, including:
- Approaches and stances to establish rapport and trust in coaching relationships
- Coaching interventions that build the capacity of individuals to create greater equity
- Tools and frameworks to plan, implement, assess, and improve coaching.
Who Should Attend
- Educational management organization staff
- Professional education and leadership coaches and consultants
- Principals, Associate Superintendents, and other administrators and instructional leaders
- School, district, and university teams working on equity or achievement gap initiatives
- District leaders beginning to implement a coaching program
“Coaching for Equity gets to the art and science of facilitating issues of equity. What an amazing three days to be a part of. National Equity Project – you’ve helped reenergize me to lead this work! Thank you!” – Julianna Sikes, School Support Administrator, Mt. Diablo Unified, CA
“I enjoyed connecting with educators across the country to talk and explore the most important work of schools – EQUITY. I left with new ways to ensure that equity will be infused into coaching conversations across my district.” -Troy E. Boddy, Director of Equity, Montgomery County Public Schools
“I now have tools and pedagogy to strengthen and focus my work with principals individually and in groups, and tools for facilitating difficult equity-based discussions on my team.” – Tatiana Epanchin, Area Superintendent, Aspire Public Schools.
$1,200/participant ($800 for two-day); includes breakfast, lunch and a resource book.
Resources & Readings
- Sample Agenda
- How to Coach a “Resistant” Teacher
- Coaching Skills Every Manager Should Use
- Recommended Hotels
If you need to pay by check or purchase order, please complete check registration form and send with check made payable to: National Equity Project, 1720 Broadway, 4th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612.
If you need an invoice generated in order to process payment, please complete check registration form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll return an invoice.
For questions about registration please contact email@example.com.
“What coaching does is to expand the space of infinite possibilities that someone is—an expansion that requires an external interventions (coaching) to take place. Coaching allows the coachee to observe oneself as a self, to acknowledge the narrowness and limitations of that self, and to expand that self beyond its boundaries, beyond the horizon of possibilities available to the coachee’s own intervention.”
– Rafael Echeverria
All of our professional learning opportunities can be custom delivered for your organization. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a possible partnership.