Finance and Operations Specialist – Posted 5/24/19
At the National Equity Project, we believe that every child has the right to a quality education, and we support people to become the leaders who make good on that promise. Our mission is to dramatically improve educational experiences, outcomes, and life options for students and families who have been historically underserved by their schools and districts. We work to build culture, conditions, and competencies for excellence and equity in districts, schools, classrooms, nonprofits, and communities. We work with partners across the U.S. who are committed to achieving equity in education.
We are seeking a full-time Finance and Operations Specialist for our Oakland, CA office to manage our sales contracts process and support our purchasing and invoice processes. This role is ideal for someone looking to gain more experience and exposure to sales, accounting and operations processes that support a growing organization. In addition, success in this role requires strong attention to detail, appreciation for process and data, a high degree of self-initiative and self-motivation and a customer-service mindset. The Finance and Operations Specialist should be aligned with our mission and core values of working toward equity and supporting the creation of diverse, include and just communities.
Areas of Responsibility
Sales and Contract Operations
- Field incoming inquiries from potential clients and coordinate response to those inquiries.
- Manage the pipeline of opportunities in Salesforce, working closely with Portfolio Directors, and providing key pipeline reports and data to support decision-making.
- Execute the sales contract generation and signing process, ensuring information on contracts are complete and accurate and serving as a point of contact for contract-related questions or concerns.
Project Management Support
- Complete the generation and set up of projects in our project management system (Intacct), working with Project Leads, to ensure important project information is populated and set up for Project Teams.
- Support Project Leads in adoption and use of the Project Management system.
- Execute various Purchasing and Accounts Payable processes, under the direction of the Accounts Payable Manager, to ensure the integrity of our processes and internal controls
- Support annual audit, retrieving and providing information and data as necessary for a successful audit process
- Support office management including monitoring door, welcoming guests, ordering and replenishing supplies and maintaining orderliness to provide an engaging and comfortable work environment for our team
- 2+ years in an accounting, finance or operations role
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Commitment to accuracy, excellent attention to detail, highly efficient and conscientious about thorough follow-up
- Strong organizational skills and can prioritize own work
- Experience with data analysis and reporting
- High degree of initiative, self-motivated, resourceful
- Team player who enjoys interaction with professionals, peers, and those served by the organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite Software
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and/or Intacct, a plus
- Ability to lift 25 pounds and work occasional early mornings/evenings/weekends
- A strong commitment to the mission, goals and work of NEP
The National Equity Project is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employment opportunities are decided upon on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We encourage people from historically underserved communities and groups to apply, and welcome your application even if you do not meet every one of the above requirements.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with expertise and previous experience. Our benefits package is comprehensive.
If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you via email. No calls, please. Apply for this job on Workable.