Project Manager | Oakland, CA
You will be a critical part of the team that defines and grows the Oakland Office portfolio’s size and impact by creating, implementing and maintaining processes that support the operational and financial needs of the portfolio’s projects.
You will cultivate and nurture a team and organizational culture that prioritizes relationships amongst team members, enables collaboration and creates a sense of belonging.
You will develop and build processes that can be leveraged across the organization for improved management of projects and portfolios that enable NEP to have an even greater impact.
Manage & Support. Own the processes and structures to support the operational components managing projects and the Oakland Office portfolio.
- Track progress toward completion of multiple projects occurring simultaneously to ensure staff is delivering work per the expectation of the clients.
- Use time tracking data to identify and communicate project staffing needs and working with Finance & Operations to make adjustments to teammate staffing.
- Assist in creating and completing scopes of work and budgets for potential clients, working with the Finance & Operations team to close contracts.
Plan & Organize. Assist the Managing Director of the Oakland Office in organizing her work and that of the team so that they can effectively tend to the impact and health of the organization.
- Update and organize files and documents in Google Drive to ensure ease in locating documents and supporting project teams.
- Build Oakland Office team meeting agendas, in response to team and organizational needs.
- Assist Managing Director with managing email inbox, expense and time reporting, responding to internal and external requests, and scheduling meetings.
Build & Collaborate. Serve as a liaison between the Oakland Office and the Finance & Operations and Marketing & Communications teams, proactively identifying the needs of the Oakland Office team and taking leadership for implementing ideas.
- Identify and respond to training needs of the Oakland Office team around processes that are important to the overall operational and financial health of the organization.
- Work with the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure Oakland Office work is reflected within National Equity Project website content, e-blasts, and social media posts.
- You would report to the Managing Director of Finance & Operations, who will coach and support you and your development goals.
- You will work most closely with the Oakland Office, Finance & Operations, and Marketing & Communications teams.
About the National Equity Project
At the National Equity Project, we believe that every child has the right to a quality education, and we support people to become the leaders who make good on that promise. Our mission is to transform the experiences, outcomes, and life options for children and families who have been historically underserved by our institutions and systems. We work to build culture, conditions, and competencies for excellence and equity in districts, schools, classrooms, nonprofits, and communities. We work with partners across the U.S. who are committed to achieving equity in education.
- 3-5 years of managing or coordinating projects where you were required to manage teams towards deadlines / deliverables and shared goals
- Strong attention to detail while still maintaining the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and put systems in place to help organize efforts and work to bring clarity and purpose
- Experience juggling multiple priorities and organizing own work to address those priorities
- Ability to collaborate, respecting and valuing the contributions and opinions of others, and working towards a shared goal or vision
- Proven ability to work effectively across differences, including race, gender and culture, and willingness to engage in honest conversations about challenging topics such as racism and systemic oppression
- Strong communication skills that express clarity of thought and intention
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with expertise and previous experience. Our benefits package is comprehensive.
The National Equity Project is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage people from historically underserved communities and groups to apply, and welcome your application even if you do not meet every one of the above requirements.