- June 4-5, 2020 | $375 | Online Institute
Thursday, June 4, 2020: 4pm-5:30pm PST
Friday, June 5, 2020: 9am-2:30pm PST
The Black Teacher Leadership & Sustainability Institute is an experiential institute for Black teachers to share, reflect and set intentions for how to lead from the classroom. Deepen your commitment, relationships and agency while developing strategies for leadership and sustainability. Receive caring guidance and facilitation to collaboratively explore the personal and professional challenges faced by Black teachers in the United States.
Learn, examine, and discover:
- The effects of racism and other bias on education policies and practices
- Implicit and explicit work of Black teachers in the United States
- Individual and organizational dynamics that impede the development and sustainability of Black teachers
- Concrete skills for health and wellness in challenging contexts
- The importance of emotional intelligence and wellness in being a Black teacher in schools
- Research, tools and other resources to support the leadership and sustainability of Black teachers in an oppressive system
Who Should Attend
Black classroom teachers working in public, charter, private and independent K-12 schools who are able to attend the full Institute. Feel free to bring a team!
Registration by credit card on Eventbrite is our preferred method. We are a small (but mighty) organization and processing and collecting check payments for our events has a high administrative impact.